Friday, February 20, 2009

Thoughts

So I have been thinking about what to talk about on here. Its kind of nice to get some thoughts out there! Last night we went to Bloomington right when I got home from work. We ate at Buffalo Wild Wings, and then got dessert to go from Olive Garden. We had to pick some things up at SAMS and then we headed home. It was such a nice night with Jesse and Jaycee, I wish we had more time to spend doing things like that. Usually its work, home, dinner, bed and up again for work. Jesse is in his second week of vacation, so we have a lot more time right now. He goes back on Monday and I'm not sure how thats going to be! I'll hate getting back into the routine of getting Jaycee up in the mornings and taking her to the sitters, she is such a bear in the mornings! Hopefully won't have many of those days before the baby comes though! I go back to the doctor on Tuesday, can't wait to hear if we have an induction date or not! Spending time like that with the family really makes me appreciate Jesse though. He is SUCH a good dad, he is amazing with Jaycee. She is quite the daddy's girl. If we meet somewhere after work, she ALWAYS demands to ride home with daddy. If he goes to the store, she must go with daddy. She always wants to do things that he does. Its really cute. It really makes me happy that she has such a great dad and she has a good infuence in her life. I never had a dad in my life and I honestly don't think there has been a day of my life that I didn't think about that. My freshmen year we moved close to town in Odon. I lived maybe two miles away from my dad. How ironic that I lived that close to him yet still had nothing to do with him. He is married now and has two other kids and seems to be very involved in their lives and in the church. I don't see how someone can be so involved with two of their kids and not even care that they have a third child. Not only that but they have a grandchild, and another on the way and could care less. It has always bothered me, alwaysssssssssss. He has a great extended family though. I have been close to his sisers and their kids, and have always felt welcome with them. They are very special people to me, especially because I know they have been through a lot and had a lot of grief given to them just because they treat me that way. They came to my baby shower for Jaycee and they come to her birthday parties, I really appreciate that. It does help me a lot. But thinking of things like that make me appreciate Jesse more then anything. He is wonderful and I know he would do anything for Jaycee and I, and Kolt when he is here! Thanks for listening!!






2 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel! I enjoy reading your blog! As I was reading this post, I couldn't help but think of my husband. He has been in the same situation that you are and it tears me up to see his dad be with his other children and treat my husband the way that he has. I know that I don't feel what you are going through, but I have seen what it can do! Hope you have a great weekend and are getting ready for baby Kolt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Whitney! Yeah it pretty much blows my mind, it definatly makes a big difference in a persons life. I think its even harder that he is so close and could so easily be involved but just doesn't want to. Then there are people who lose a parent and they would do anything to be there with them. I don't get it! Especially after having kids, cant imagine not knowing everything jaycee is involed in or her likes and dislikes. Its crazy! Thanks for listening!

    ReplyDelete